With more than 20 years of involvement in dive education i never understood why some of them "who pretend that they are experts" give away there diving courses for an extreme low price.
No matter what course you offer, from beginner to advanced training it's still the knowledge, time and expertise of the Instructor "in most of the cases gained over a long period of time" and now brought to the student, what has to be paid.
If a dive center and / or instructor offer courses for a extreme cheap price than this offer will reflect on the student, price compromises goes in most of the cases with a sacrifice in quality.
The price for a certain course is calculated, think about time, (dive)equipment use, teaching materials for student and instructor, certification cost, instructor fees, insurance, tank fillings, dive center use, etc etc. The list is long.
- So, should the extreme price offer also be the best choice for you as student?
- Except less to pay gives it you as student more profit?
- You should expect as a student that you will get a lot of study / practice time, be honest if the dive center / instructor is fully booked he should not start with extreme discounts, but no unfortunately the time will be even shorter even due the fact that he has non or almost no students, cheap is easy compromised with time.
- Repeating the knowledge and skills are the keys to success to become a good diver, you will if they rush with the time?
- Bad knowledge and skills effect you during your dive career, wrong behaviors, problems during continuing education, safety issues etc etc.
- Instead of enjoying your dive time you are annoyed because you are solving the missing parts what should have been trained during your course, no matter what level you are.
- Again super price discounts is done because the dive center / instructor has not enough customers, that has a reason, isn't it?
- Instead of searching for a cheap price, it should be better to inform about the dive center / instructor what they do, they have activity, they dive, they teach?
- Does your instructor also dive in his own free time, or the nice stories are only told during courses and on social networks?
- The price is the price or we have hidden cost, like teaching materials, equipment rent, certification cost, extra lessons etc. Be informed maybe at the end it was not so cheap as what was told.
- You as a diver has and needs to be treed with value so you like to be teached by an instructor what sell him self cheap and drops his own value?
- Don't forget, every professional dive center owes a debt of gratitude to there customers and pays an installment every time they serve. They should never miss a payment.
A cheap course is exact what it is, a cheap course...
Aquarius wish you happy dives and hope this article may help in making the right choices.